- This event has passed.
Mini Build-A-Book Workshop with Heather Davis
October 11, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT$47
As a book coach, Heather constantly sees writers make predictable (and 100% avoidable) mistakes. And, sadly, these mistakes often prevent writers from creating publishable manuscripts. They wind up with a novel that lacks depth, clarity, and oomph. They write 300 or 500 pages—and waste years of their lives—creating a manuscript that goes nowhere.
- They’re not clear on the point they are trying to make with their novel.
- They forget to create a character arc for their protagonist (and tie it to the plot).
- They lack a clear cause-and-effect trajectory in their novel.
- Their characters don’t make meaning of the situations that arise throughout the novel.
This often prevents great stories from ever finding their way into the world. Heather’s signature Build-A-Book Method breaks writing/editing down into simple, actionable steps that will ensure writers build a solid foundation for their novels.
Why? So writers will confidently finish their work and readers will remember, rave about, and recommend their novels.
The Mini Build-A-Book Workshop includes the following 5 topics (with workbooks):
- How to find the point of your novel.
- How to work backwards from story idea to protagonist character arc.
- How to master the simple elements of an engaging character arc.
- How to create a flexible blueprint for your novel that ensures a cause-and-effect trajectory in your plot.
- How to understand and master the age-old “show don’t tell” story writing advice. (Hint: it’s not what you think!)